Hundreds of British Columbians are expected to rally against oil tanker expansion to B.C.'s coast
VANCOUVER, March 23, 2012 /CNW/ -
When: Monday, March 26, 2012, noon
Where: Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby St.
- Edwin Newman, on behalf of the Hereditary and Elected Leaders of the Heiltsuk First Nation
- Art Sterritt, Coastal First Nations
- Bill McKibben, 350.org
- Dr. Riki Ott, author, ex-fisher from Prince William Sound
- Dr. Mark Jaccard, SFU Professor
- Nikki Skuce, ForestEthics
- Jim Britton, Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada
What: First Nations, Unions and environmental groups come together on anniversary of Exxon Valdez oil spill to stand up for British Columbia's coast. Coastal First Nations, in marking the anniversary of their tanker ban, will be marching to the rally from Granville and Pender starting at 11:30am.
No Tankers Rally: Stand up for the Coast!
HEILTSUK NATION: SAVE OUR SHORES RALLY
For further information:
Bessie Brown, Coastal First Nations - 604-696-9889
Gary Wilson, Heiltsuk Nation - 250-741-7894
Nikki Skuce, ForestEthics - 778-210-0117