TORONTO, March 23, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, people across Canada will gather at 44 MP offices, including the Ministers Carr, McKenna, Bennett and Wilson-Raybould, to demand the federal government stop pushing through the Kinder Morgan pipeline.
As part of the National Day of Action to Defend the Water, participants will deliver water samples collected from the BC coastline to local MPs, as a reminder of the waterways being threatened by Kinder Morgan's project.
This action comes on the heels of growing opposition to the expansion project, with the Province of British Columbia, the state of Washington, the cities of Vancouver, Burnaby, and Victoria and 19 other BC municipalities as well as 250,000 petition signatures taking a stance against the pipeline project.
What: Local community members across Canada rally at MP's offices to demand federal action to stop Kinder Morgan
When: Friday, March 23rd, 2018
Where: More than 40 MP offices across Canada, including 29 Liberal MP offices. Of note:
- Minister James Carr (Liberal), 611 Corydon Avenue, Winnipeg, 1:30 pm PT/ 3:30 pm CT/ 4:30 pm ET
- Minister Catherine McKenna (Liberal), Minto Park Ottawa, 9 am PT/ 11 am CT/ 12 pm ET
- Minister Carolyn Bennett (Liberal), 40 Holly Street, Toronto, 9 am PT/ 11 am CT/ 12 pm ET
- Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould (Liberal), 1245 West Broadway Ave Suite 104, Vancouver, 1 pm PT / 3 pm CT/ 4 pm ET.
- Murray Rankin (NDP), 1057 Fort Street, Victoria, 10:30 am PT/ 12:30 pm CT/ 1:30 pm ET.
A full list can be found at defendthewater.ca
Interview Opportunities: Spokespeople will be available for interviews throughout the day.
PHOTO & VIDEO:
Photos and videos will be added throughout the day, and available for download at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leadnow/sets/72157693004578991
For further information: Rachel Nelems, Media Liaison, Leadnow - (647) 294-5624; Amina Moustaqim-Barrette, 350.org Canada - (514) 229-5843