TORONTO, June 15, 2016 /CNW/ - Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) President Warren (Smokey) Thomas and members of the union's Executive Board will join OPSEU members working at the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation for a lunchtime rally today.
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Place: 5255 Yonge St., Toronto
"The work of our members at MPAC delivers real value for municipalities and municipal ratepayers," Thomas said. "There is no reason for them to accept a collective agreement that is out of sync with the deals signed by other municipal employers."
"With this rally we are also sending a message to this employer that our 1,400 members at MPAC have the full support of all 130,000 OPSEU members across Ontario," he said. "When you bargain with some of us, you bargain with all of us."
The two sides will meet on June 15 and 16, ahead of a strike deadline of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 17.
- Warren (Smokey) Thomas, President, OPSEU
- Myles Magner, OPSEU Regional Vice-President, Region 5
- Ibrahim Bozai, OPSEU Executive Board Member, Region 5
- Edie Strachan, OPSEU Executive Board Member, Region 5
- Tina Faibish, President, OPSEU Local 552
- Chris Buckley, President, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Andria Babbington, Vice-President, Toronto and York Region Labour Council
SOURCE Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
For further information: Craig Ashbourne, A/Communications Officer, OPSEU, 226-821-1725, [email protected]