TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2017 /CNW/ - The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is bringing its rate review process to Sioux Lookout. The province's energy regulator has received an application from Sioux Lookout Hydro to increase typical residential electricity distribution rates by $5.76 per month. Other customers may also be affected. This application may impact customer bills for the next five years, starting May 1, 2018.
The amounts requested by Sioux Lookout Hydro in its application to the OEB relate to its distribution business and do not reflect any credits or other changes resulting from the Fair Hydro Act, 2017.
The OEB will carefully review Sioux Lookout Hydro's application. As part of its review, the OEB is holding a community meeting to help consumers:
- Learn more about Sioux Lookout Hydro's costs as described in its rate application
- Find out how they can get involved in the OEB's process
- Provide their comments to the OEB about Sioux Lookout Hydro's application
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
Heritage Railway Station (Lower Level Room)
Media are welcome to attend.
Consumers are invited to make a five-minute presentation at the meeting by first contacting the OEB at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 416-440-7605 or 1-877-632-2727 (toll-free within Ontario) and quoting file number EB-2017-0073.
For More Information
- How to get involved in the OEB's rate review processes, please visit: oeb.ca/participate.
- Sioux Lookout Hydro's distribution rate application: https://www.oeb.ca/participate/applications/current-major-applications/eb-2017-0073
Fair Hydro Act's Bill Impact: Backgrounder
About the Ontario Energy Board
The OEB is the independent regulator of Ontario's electricity and natural gas sectors. It makes decisions that serve the public interest. Its goal is to promote a sustainable and efficient energy sector that provides consumers with reliable energy services at a reasonable cost.
For more information, please visit the OEB website at oeb.ca or contact us directly.
Ce document est aussi disponible en français.
SOURCE Ontario Energy Board
For further information: Media Inquiries: Phone: 416-544-5171, Email: email@example.com