- NOMINATIONS AND CONTEST CLOSE - TUESDAY, APRIL 30 -
- SUBMIT NOMINATIONS DIRECTLY VIA MOBILE DEVICES -
TORONTO, April 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Calling all Canadians from across the country and around the globe...there is only one week left to participate in the annual nomination promotion presented by Canada's Walk of Fame, along with National Premier Partner RBC. Each nominator will have the chance to win a trip for two to Toronto to attend the Canada's Walk of Fame 15th Anniversary tribute events on Saturday, September 21, 2013, courtesy of the RBC® Visa Infinite‡ Avion® card.
Thousands of nominations have been received so far from virtually every continent and countries big and small. From the United Kingdom to Japan, PEI to British Columbia, people are speaking out on who they feel should be recognized for their accomplishments in the fields of music, film, sports, television, literature, visual and performing arts as well as science and innovation.
New this year, nomination submissions can be sent using smart phones and mobile devices as well as through the website www.canadaswalkoffame.com and the official Facebook Fan Page, www.facebook.com/canadaswalkoffame. All submissions must be received by Tuesday, April 30 at 11:59pm ET.
Parameters for nominations include the following:
- Nominees must have been born in Canada or have spent their formative or creative years in Canada
- Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in their field and have an established body of work
- Nominees must have had national or international impact on Canada's heritage
- All entries must be submitted by April 30, 2013, at 11:59pm
The 2013 Canada's Walk of Fame Awards will take place on Saturday, September 21, 2013, at Toronto's Elgin Theatre. The show will be broadcast nationally on Global Television and SliceTM this fall (date TBD). Additional announcements to follow.
SOURCE: Canada's Walk of Fame
For further information:
t: 416-628-5608; e: [email protected]
t: 416 974 1724; e: [email protected]