GRAND PRAIRIE, AB, Sept. 19, 2016 /CNW/ - Farmers in the Peace Region of Alberta and British Columbia are invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications on the dates and at the locations specified below for safe disposal.
Collection sites will be open on the days specified from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Photographers and reporters are welcome to coordinate with Maja Begovic to visit the drop off locations:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Crop Production Services in Fort St John, BC, 250-785-3445
- Dunvegan Ag Solutions in Rycroft, AB, 780-765-2865
Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Richardson Pioneer in Dawson Creek, BC, 250-782-9264
- Richardson Pioneer in Manning, AB, 780-836-2771
Friday, September 23, 2016
- UFA in Fairview, AB, 780-835-2288
- Crop Production Services in High Prairie, AB 780-523-3266
CleanFARMS, a national, industry-led agricultural waste stewardship organization, has partnered with CropLife Canada and the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) to deliver this program to Peace Region and British Columbia farmers. The plant science and animal health industries are committed to safely and responsibly collecting and disposing of obsolete pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no cost to farmers.
For more information, visit www.cleanfarms.ca or call 1-877-622-4460.
SOURCE CleanFARMS Inc.
For further information: For media inquiries please contact: Maja Begovic, Media Relations, [email protected], 416-622-4460 x 2222