HALIFAX, Oct. 19, 2015 /CNW/ - Farmers in Nova Scotia are invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications from November 2 to the 13 for safe disposal.
Collection sites will be open on the days specified from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- Truro Agromart, located at 547 Onslow Road in Truro
- Scotia Gold Coop, located at 7027 Highway 1 in Coldbrook
- Halifax Seed Co Inc., located at 5860 Kane Street in Halifax
- Amherst Coop, located at 17 Lawrence Street in Amherst
- Bridgewater Farmers Coop, located at 123 Elm Street in Bridgewater
- Bragg Lumber Co., located at 99 Bragg Road in Collingwood
- Cavendish Agri Services, located at 1205 Highway 359 in Steam Mills
- Cavendish Agri Services, located at 14062 Highway 1 in Wilmont
- Cavendish Agri Services, located at 38 Wade Road in Truro
- Antigonish Farm and Garden Coop, located at 91 Saint Andrews Street in Antigonish
- Corridor Coop, located at 2289 Highway 2 in Milford Station
- United Farmers Coop, located at 502 Keltic Drive in Sydney
CleanFARMS, a national, industry-led agricultural waste stewardship organization, has partnered with CropLife Canada and the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) to deliver this program to Nova Scotia farmers. The plant science and animal health industries are committed to safely and responsibly collecting and disposing of obsolete pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no cost to farmers.
For more information, visit www.cleanfarms.ca or call 1-877-622-4460.
SOURCE CleanFARMS Inc.
For further information: Erin O'Hara, Media Relations, [email protected], 613-230-9881 x3223