VANCOUVER, Oct. 5, 2015 /CNW/ - Farmers in B.C. are invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications on the dates and at the locations specified below for safe disposal.
Collection sites will be open on the days specified from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Photographers and reporters are welcome to coordinate with Erin O'Hara to visit the drop off locations:
- October 20: Glen Dale Agra Services in Vanderhoof at 1055 Hwy 16 W
- October 21: 153 Mile Fertilizer in Williams Lake at 5101 Frizzi Road
- October 22: Foothills Regional Landfill in Prince George at 6595 Foothills Boulevard
- October 23: Quesnel Agro in Quesnel at 1280 Quesnel-Hixon Road
- October 20: Purity Feed Ltd in Kamloops at 471 Okanagan Way
- October 21: Growers Supply Company Limited in Vernon at 1200 Waddington Drive
- October 22: Growers Supply Company Limited in Kelowna at 2605 Acland Road
- October 23: Growers Supply Company Limited in Oliver at 5911 Sawmill Road
- November 4: Truscott Farms in Creston at 3016 Hwy 3
- November 5: Trop Crop Garden, Farm and Pet in Cranbrook at 2101 Cranbrook Street N
CleanFARMS, a national, industry-led agricultural waste stewardship organization, has partnered with CropLife Canada and the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) to deliver this program to B.C. farmers. The plant science and animal health industries are committed to safely and responsibly collecting and disposing of obsolete pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no cost to farmers.
For more information, visit www.cleanfarms.ca or call 1-877-622-4460.
SOURCE CleanFARMS Inc.
For further information: Erin O'Hara, Media Relations, [email protected], 613-230-9881 x3223