LONDON, ON, Nov. 28, 2018 /CNW/ - The National Research Council of Canada's (NRC) newly renovated scientific laboratories for the automotive and advanced manufacturing communities are now open. In this age of mobility and increased manufacturing needs, the NRC is putting the "pedal to the metal" to bring companies, governments, universities, and colleges together to collaborate on breakthrough projects. Guests and media will be the first to tour the new facilities.
Date: Friday, November 30, 2018
- Event begins at 9:45 a.m.
- Photo opportunity followed by a guided tour of the facilities with demos such as:
- A connected vehicle for driverless technologies and special equipment for data and object recognition.
- A robotic laser system for displaying inspection system on a 2-axis positioner showing results in 3D images.
- New advanced manufacturing technologies, including a 5-axis CNC machine, demonstrating connectivity and digitization of manufacturing equipment.
- Laser fabrication and additive manufacturing demonstrations, including a new powder bed additive manufacturing display.
- End of the event: 11:30 a.m.
- Iain Stewart, NRC President
- Jason Myers, CEO of the NGen Supercluster
- Flavio Volpe, President, Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association
- Ray Tanguay, former Automotive Advisor to the Government of Canada and Government of Ontario
National Research Council Canada
800 Collip Circle
London, Ontario N6G 4X8
SOURCE National Research Council Canada
For further information: Media Relations, National Research Council of Canada, 613-991-1431, 1-855-282-1637, email@example.com