TORONTO, June 10, 2013 /CNW/ -
When: Tuesday, June 11th, 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM (EDT)
- A paradigm shift is underway that is disrupting the traditional way Canadian small-to-mid-size enterprises (SMEs) are funded.
- SMEs are the backbone of the Canadian economy and require access to capital to innovate and compete globally but there is a funding gap for Canadian entrepreneurs seeking to raise small amounts of capital of up to $1-2 million.
- Due to the advancement of technology billions of people are connecting online. How we tap into the enormous potential of 'the crowd' is changing the way people transact with one another and is innovating and disrupting one industry after another.
- Crowdfunding is transforming the way start-ups, businesses and charities raise funds to launch projects and commercialize Canadian business ventures.
- The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada, a national voice for all concerned parties, is holding an information session including a Crowdfunding Experts Panel and a presentation by Daryl Hatton, CEO of FundRazr, the Canadian platform that has raised over $25M and was named this week as most Promising Startup at the British Columbia Technology Industry Association's 2013 Technology Impact Awards.
- Is Crowdfunding right for you?
- What's happening globally in the Crowdfunding industry?
- Crowdfunding in Canada - is it legal?
- Trends and emerging opportunities
- Best practices from Canada's most successful platform FundRazr
- Advocacy efforts underway for equity-based authorizations within Canadian Security Commissions
Speakers & Thought Leaders:
- Craig Asano - Executive Director, NCFA Canada (Event Host and Moderator)
- Daryl Hatton - Founder/CEO of FundRazr, Canada's Largest Crowdfunding Platform
- Trevor Coleman - Co-founder of InteraXon a successful crowdfunded Start-up
- Brian Koscak - Partner Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, and Chairman EMDA Canada
- Christopher Charlesworth - Co-founder of HiveWire
- Chad McMillan - President and Director of Canada Gold
SOURCE: National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada)
For further information:
Media: to arrange an interview with any speaker please contact +1 416 618-0254 [email protected]