Event gathers business leaders to discuss the latest trends and issues affecting the workplace including mental health, compensation and CPP expansion
HALIFAX, Sept. 26, 2016 /CNW/ - Workplace mental health and its associated costs is a hot topic of discussion among Canadian employers. How will CPP expansion affect small, medium and large sized businesses in the region? How do salaries in Atlantic Canada compare to the rest of Canada? These are among the topics and subjects Morneau Shepell and its experts will showcase at HOT TOPICS IN HR.
Morneau Shepell invites members of the media to attend HOT TOPICS IN HR to be among the first to hear the research and trending issues in the workplace.
What: HOT TOPICS IN HR
Our experts will share their expertise on hot topics across a number of areas including:
- Addressing the culture and stigma around Mental Health and Wellness
- CPP Expansion: what does it mean for DB pensions?
- Employee engagement: are we measuring the right thing?
- The business issue and true picture of workplace absenteeism
- Big data analytics and their potential applications for HR and benefits
- Demographic trends: what is the downstream impact?
When: Thursday, September 29, 2016, from 7:30 – 11:00 a.m.
7:45 a.m. - Registration and breakfast
8:30 a.m. - Session begins
11:00 a.m. - Session concludes
Where: Casino Nova Scotia, Compass Room, 1919 Upper Water Street, Halifax, NS
Who: HOT TOPICS IN HR will feature the following Morneau Shepell speakers:
- Jeff Alexander, Director, Morneau Shepell (Compensation Survey results)
- Greg Caines, Partner, Morneau Shepell (Total Health Insights)
- Stephanie Walker, Director, Morneau Shepell (PTSD in the workplace, EAP)
- Kristen Coady, Director, Morneau Shepell (Absence and Disability Management)
- Marcus Turner, Principal, Morneau Shepell (Outsourcing Chief Investment Officers & market trends)
- Paula Boyd, Principal, Morneau Shepell (CPP expansion)
To join the conversation online, tweet us @Morneau_Shepell.
About Morneau Shepell Inc.
Morneau Shepell is the only human resources consulting and technology company that takes an integrative approach to employee assistance, health, benefits and retirement needs. The Company is the leading provider of employee and family assistance programs, the largest administrator of retirement and benefits plans and the largest provider of integrated absence management solutions in Canada. Through health and productivity, administrative, and retirement solutions, Morneau Shepell helps clients reduce costs, increase employee productivity and improve their competitive position. Established in 1966, Morneau Shepell serves approximately 20,000 clients, ranging from small businesses to some of the largest corporations and associations in North America. With almost 4,000 employees in offices across North America, Morneau Shepell provides services to organizations across Canada, in the United States, and around the globe. Morneau Shepell is a publicly-traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MSI). For more information, visit morneaushepell.com.
SOURCE Morneau Shepell - Mental Health
For further information: For additional information or to RSVP, please contact: Nathan Gibson, Morneau Shepell, 416.390.2641, [email protected]