OTTAWA, June 5, 2014 /CNW/ - Energy Ottawa, a Hydro Ottawa subsidiary, is hosting tours of its Chaudière Falls Generating Station No. 2 for visitors to discover how hydroelectricity was, and still is, produced.
Did you know?
- This hydroelectric generating station was built by industrialist E.H. Bronson in 1891 and is the oldest operating hydroelectric generator in Canada.
- It produces enough clean energy to power about 7,500 homes a year.
- Hydro Ottawa has historical photographs available to the media.
When: June 7-8, 2014 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily (final tour 3 p.m. on Sunday)
Where: Chaudière Falls Generating Station No. 2
- Take Booth Street north, turn right on Middle Street at the NCC Victoria Island sign
- Pass the Vertical Reality building (located on the left)
- Turn right on Mill Street
- Free parking available in the NCC parking lots
SOURCE: Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information:
Supervisor, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 145