TORONTO, Sept. 16, 2014 /CNW/ -
What: IFIC's 2014 Leadership Conference – Canada's pre-eminent networking and information event for the mutual funds industry, with international experts and Canadian industry leaders
Why: Our conference theme, Global Insights – Canadian Viewpoints, recognizes the growing impact that developments in foreign jurisdictions are having on Canada's investment funds industry, and examines investor trends in Canada and abroad. Session descriptions.
When: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. – Registration and breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. – Sessions
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. – Closing reception
Where: The Carlu, 444 Yonge Street, Toronto
Opening address: IFIC board chair Brian Peters, President & CEO, MD Physician Services Inc.
Industry Leaders panel:
- Howard J. Atkinson, President, Horizons ETFs Management (Canada),
- Rajiv Silgardo, Co-CEO, BMO Global Asset Management and CEO, BMO Asset Management Inc. (Canada)
- Mark Tiffin, President, Capital International Asset Management (Canada), Inc.
- Chaired by: Joanne De Laurentiis, President and CEO, IFIC
Senior executives from international fund associations on regulatory and market-generated changes in their jurisdictions that are being watched by Canada's regulators:
- John Brogden, CEO, Financial Services Council (Australia),
- Bob Grohowski, Senior Counsel, Securities Regulation, Investment Company Institute (U.S.),
- Julie Patterson, KPMG (U.K.) and
- Christophe Girondel, Global Head of Institutional and Wholesale Distribution, Nordea Asset Management (EU).
- Chaired by: David Scandiffio, SVP of Wealth Management and President, IA Clarington Investments Inc.
- Canada's regulatory landscape
- Debra Foubert, Director, Compliance and Registrant Regulation, OSC
- Rhonda Goldberg, Director, Investment Funds and Structured Products, OSC
- Karen McGuinness, SVP, Member Regulation- Compliance, MFDA
- Moderator: John Adams, CEO, PFSL Investments Canada Ltd.
- International trends
- Christophe Girondel, Global Head of Institutional and Wholesale Distribution, Nordea Asset Management
- Bob Grohowski, Sr. Counsel, Securities Regulation, Investment Company Institute
- Moderator: Rebecca Cowdery, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Behavioural Economics – Nudge, Push or Control
- Tom Hamza, President, Investor Education Fund
- Giles Marshall, VP, Portfolio Manager, Fiduciary Trust Company of Canada
- Jane Rooney, Financial Literacy Leader, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Moderator: Jan Dymond, Director, Public Affairs, IFIC
- Communicating CRM – A New Era in Investor Information
- Bill Charles, SVP, Investors Group
- Carol Lynde, President and COO, Bridgehouse Asset Managers
- Karen McGuinness, SVP, Member Regulation – Compliance, MFDA
- Moderator: Michael Stanley, President & CEO, Quadrus Investment Services Ltd.
- Guest Speaker: Ian Bremmer, Founder and President, Eurasia Group
- Special appearance by The Honourable Joe Oliver, P.C., M.P., Minister of Finance
About the Audience: About 350 key executives from across the industry—CEOs, presidents, SVPs, mutual fund managers and dealers, financial planners and advisors, compliance officers, suppliers, affiliates. Staff of national organizations and regulatory agencies.
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada is the voice of Canada's investment funds industry. IFIC brings together 150 organizations, including fund managers, distributors and industry service organizations, to foster a strong, stable investment sector where investors can realize their financial goals. By connecting Canada's savers to Canada's economy, our industry contributes significantly to Canadian economic growth and job creation. The organization is proud to have served Canada's mutual funds industry and its investors for more than 50 years.
Follow us on Twitter @ific
SOURCE: The Investment Funds Institute of Canada
For further information: For media registration and to pre-arrange speaker interviews: Sara Clodman, email@example.com, 416-309-2317