MONTREAL, Sept. 10, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Access to quality housing has become a major issue for Montreal that concerns all levels of government. Given this context, the Direction of Public Health of Montréal and the City of Montreal have joined forces to organise Montreal's Forum on Housing and Health, which will be held on September 14th 2015.
More than a hundred Montreal experts on the issue will be present. Among invited guests are:
- Mr. Denis Coderre, Mayor of Montreal
- Ms. Sonia Bélanger, President and General Director of the CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
- Dr. Richard Massé, Director of Public Health of Montreal
- Dr. Marie-France Raynault, Director of the Lea Roback Centre
- Ms. Monique Vallée, Montreal City Councillor and member of the Executive Committee, responsible for social and community development as well as homelessness
- Me Karine Boivin Roy, Montreal City Councillor and associate councillor for housing
This event is hosted by Mr. Michel Venne, Director General of the Institut du Nouveau Monde (INM).
The Forum will be an opportunity to present:
- The Director of Public Health of Montreal's report "For healthy and affordable housing".
- Main issues, priorities and perspectives on the city of Montreal's development.
- Federal representatives' proposals to improve the situation.
Media are invited to this event.
Monday September 14th from 8 AM to 12 PM
CHUM Research Centre Auditorium, 5th Floor
SOURCE Institut du Nouveau Monde
For further information: Sophie Seguin-Lamarche, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, Work: 514 934-5999 ext. 262 - Cell: 514 943-7893