OTTAWA, June 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Media are invited to a tree planting event in recognition of the University of Ottawa's commitment to energy conservation through participation in the saveONenergy conservation programs.
Since 2011, the university has received over $800,000 in incentives for nine energy conservation projects with electricity savings totaling 1.3MW, the equivalent of removing 468 homes from the power grid for a year.
Did you know?
- The University of Ottawa is the most active participant in the saveONenergy conservation programs in Ottawa.
- The University of Ottawa projects have included cooling plant upgrades, building system automation optimization and lighting retrofits.
When: June 19, 2014 at 10a.m.
Where: University of Ottawa - 200 Lees Avenue
- Take Main Street North and turn left onto Lees Avenue
- Drive through the main gate, and paid parking will be located directly in front of 200 Lees Avenue
- Look for Hydro Ottawa tent
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc. Hydro Ottawa Limited is the third largest municipally owned electrical utility in Ontario serving more than 310,000 customers in the City of Ottawa and the Village of Casselman. Energy Ottawa Inc., Ottawa's largest producer of green power, generates renewable energy and provides commercial energy management services.
SOURCE: Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information:
Supervisor, Media and Public Affairs
Tel./Tél. 613-738-5499 ext. 145