TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Hydro One Networks Inc. (Hydro One) crews have restored power to 57,000 customers; 33,000 remain without power at this time.
More than 1,300 Hydro One staff are working on the restoration effort including lines staff, forestry technicians, apprentice crews and damage assessors.
Hydro One has started moving crews from the northern part of the province to support restoration efforts with the most affected communities in parts of southern Ontario.
Some of the major areas currently affected are listed below:
|Area Impacted|| Number of Hydro One
Extended Outage Tips
- Do not use a generator unless it has been professionally installed and properly ventilated, to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Make sure to have non-perishable food, water and first aid supplies on hand.
- Do not go near downed power lines. Call Hydro One immediately if a downed power line is spotted.
- Make sure to turn off all of the elements on your electric stove and oven if you were cooking when the lights went out
- Leave on one light so you'll know when the power is back on.
- Avoid damage from a power surge when the power comes back on by turning off and unplugging major appliances including televisions, computers, stereos and other electronics.
- Make arrangements to stay with family members or friends if the power is expected to be off for an extended period of time.
Hydro One delivers electricity safely, reliably and responsibly to homes and businesses across the province of Ontario and owns and operates Ontario's 29,000 km high-voltage transmission network that delivers electricity to large industrial customers and municipal utilities, and a 123,000 km low-voltage distribution system that serves about 1.3 million end-use customers and smaller municipal utilities in the province. Hydro One is wholly owned by the Province of Ontario.
SOURCE: Hydro One Inc.
For further information:
contact Hydro One Media Relations 24 hours a day at 1-877-506-7584 (toll-free in Ontario only) or 416-345-6868. Our website is www.HydroOne.com.