This March Break Black Creek Pioneer Village will open its doors for kids of all ages to solve a mystery!
TORONTO, March 4, 2013 /CNW/ - There's a mystery stirring at Black Creek Pioneer Village, this March Break, March 8 - March 16, and the Villagers are hoping our guests can solve it! The Harness Maker's valuable Golden Egg was stolen and he has no idea who took it! Help Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson solve this mystery by exploring the Village and searching for clues, decoding secret messages and questioning the suspicious Villagers. There are fun activities or clues in every building where guests can use their detective skills such as disguise, observation, logic, and deduction to help them narrow down the suspects and solve the mystery!
"Last year's Sherlock Holmes mystery received a positive response from visitors, so we are excited to bring back Sherlock Holmes with a whole new mystery for visitors to solve," said Geri Smith, Project Manager, Black Creek Pioneer Village. "This is the perfect outing for anyone who enjoys solving problems, collecting clues, and putting things together to solve the Mystery of the Golden Egg.
What: March Break Mystery Fun at Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Enjoy a free Horse-Drawn Wagon Ride around the Village
- Decode secret messages and search for clues around the Village
- Participate in a Detective Workshop with Dr. Watson
- Interact with a variety suspects and Sherlock Holmes himself
- Keep track of your findings in your Junior Detective Notebook
- Create a disguise and make your detective badge
- Enjoy a variety of family friendly foods at the Gift Shop and Event Pavilion Snack Bar (11 am – 4:30 pm) and seasonal treats like hot cider and fresh baked cookies at the Half Way House Kitchen
Activities are subject to change
When: March 8 to March 16 11:00 am – 4:30 pm on weekends and 10:00 am – 4:30 pm on weekdays
Where: Black Creek Pioneer Village: 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto, Ontario
- Adults (ages 15 - 59) $15
- Children (ages 5-14) $11
- Seniors (ages 60+) $14
- Students (15+ with ID) $14
- Children 4 years and under (when accompanied with a parent) are FREE
- Members Free
- Parking $7 per car/day
About Black Creek Pioneer Village
Black Creek Pioneer Village is Toronto's premier outdoor living history museum. Visitors can explore heritage homes and buildings restored to re-create an 1860s Ontario village. Historic interpreters in period dress demonstrate how villagers lived, worked and played. The Village hosts learning programs and special events that highlight local heritage and culture. The tranquil setting, rural landscapes, heritage gardens and period farm animal breeds make Black Creek Pioneer Village the perfect place to break out of the modern world and journey into the past. Located in north Toronto, Black Creek Pioneer Village is owned and operated by Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA). For more information please visit www.blackcreek.ca.
Black Creek Pioneer Village acknowledges support from the City of Toronto, the Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Culture, The Conservation Foundation of Greater Toronto, and the public.
SOURCE: Black Creek Pioneer Village
For further information: Media Contact: Rowena Calpito, Black Creek Pioneer Village, 416.661.6600 ext 5632, [email protected]