TORONTO, Feb. 27, 2018 /CNW/ - A network of tax advisors from Grant Thornton LLP are available nationally to provide insight on the federal budget's impact on Canadian businesses and the economy.
These tax advisors bring a depth of knowledge and can speak to highlights of the federal budget, including key questions and topics that are top of mind for Canadians, such as:
Impact of Proposed Passive Income Changes
- How the changes limit business owners ability to expand and innovate, and which could hurt the Canadian economy.
Income Splitting and the Future of Family Business
- How changes are affecting small-and-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) who rely on income splitting to invest more into expansion and innovation.
The Need for Increased Scientific Research Funding
- How business owners rely on grants and tax credits to expand and innovate. The SR&ED program encourages Canadian businesses to innovate to develop new products and processes, and increase Canada's competitiveness on the global stage
Effectiveness of business tax rate changes
- Reductions to the small business tax rate will provide a measure of welcome relief. These rate reductions are supported by business owner, but they are unlikely to offset the increased tax costs for SMEs triggered by changes to passive income and income splitting rules.
Diversity in the workplace
- There is evidence that female business owners, executives and employees can provide competitive advantages for their companies. Canadian women contribute significantly to the economy, but barriers remain to unlocking their full potential.
The Grant Thornton Report on Doing Business in Canada
As a firm that works to help business owners manage challenges they face and realize opportunities, Grant Thornton decided to undertake The Grant Thornton Report on Doing Business in Canada to hear first-hand from business owners their thoughts on the policy shifts.
The report, based on the feedback of business leaders across Canada, delves into the highest-profile issues facing business in Canada today, and how government decisions have impacted the core of Canada's economy. To view the report, please visit:
Grant Thornton spokespeople will be available for:
Budget Day Commentary (February 27)
- Tax advisors from Grant Thornton will be available across Canada to provide analysis and insight on the newly released federal budget. They will be available before, during and after the budget is tabled.
Post-Budget Day Commentary
- Tax advisors from Grant Thornton can provide further commentary and analysis on how the budget will impact Canadian businesses.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
SOURCE Grant Thornton LLP
For further information: or to arrange an interview please contact: Vicky Rivers, Manager, National Media Relations, Grant Thornton LLP, T +1-416-360-4970 / M +1-416-254-3150, E Vicky.Rivers @ca.gt.com