- Step back in time to a lively 1860s town then shimmy into the roaring 20s on September 26 -
TORONTO, Sept. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - A Spirited Affair, Celebrating Beer, Whisky and Wine is a unique culinary and drink experience at Black Creek Pioneer Village that celebrates the history, culture and fun of the 1860s and 1920s. Event highlights include live music, interactive characters, a silent auction, dancing and tastings of local craft beers, whisky and wines paired with gourmet foods. The silent auction features great gifts and one-of-a-kind experiences including a day with the Toronto Emergency Task Force, jewellery, artwork, furniture and even naming rights to one of Black Creek's sheep!
The proceeds from the event will benefit Black Creek Pioneer Village, so that future generations can experience and interact with Ontario's rich history.
"This unique event mixes history with culture and entertainment," says Geri Smith, Project Manager at Black Creek Pioneer Village. "This is your chance to step back in time and kick up your heels for a fun evening of food, drink and music in our historic village."
1860s Era, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Mingle with the Shopkeeper as he pushes his wares and whisky
- Visit the Historic Brewery to meet the Brewmaster and sample historic ales
- Enjoy live music on the porch of the Half Way House Inn
- Dodge the Temperance Advocate as she collects signatures for her petition
1920s Era, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Head over to the roaring 20s for live music and Charleston dancing
- Sample local beer, whisky and wine, paired with hors d'oeuvres
- Try our signature drink, "The Black Creek Killer"
- Bid on many unique silent auction items and experiences
- Play fun games and win prizes
- Join in the fun with your favourite 1920s outfit
What: A Spirited Affair
When: Thursday, September 26, 2013
Where: Black Creek Pioneer Village, Gallery, 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto
Cost: Tickets cost $75 and can be purchased at http://www.blackcreek.ca/v2/join/fundraising-event-details.dot
Ticket price includes six drink samples, all food samples, and lots of unique and fun entertainment. Each guest will also receive a complimentary gift bag to take home.
*Must be 19 years of age or older to attend this event*
About Black Creek Pioneer Village
Black Creek Pioneer Village is Toronto's premier outdoor living history museum, located at 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto. Visitors can explore heritage homes and buildings restored to re-create an 1860s Ontario village. Historic interpreters in period dress demonstrate how villagers lived, worked and played. The Village hosts learning programs and special events that highlight local heritage and culture. The tranquil setting, rural landscapes, heritage gardens and period farm animal breeds make Black Creek Pioneer Village the perfect place to break out of the modern world and journey into the past. Located in north Toronto, Black Creek Pioneer Village is owned and operated by Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA). Black Creek Pioneer Village acknowledges support from the City of Toronto, the Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Culture, The Living City Foundation and the public. For more information please visit www.blackcreek.ca.
SOURCE: Black Creek Pioneer Village
For further information:
Public Relations, Black Creek Pioneer Village
416-661-6600 ext 5632 [email protected]