MONTREAL, Jan. 26, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - In preparation for the funeral of Father Emmett Johns, "Pops," and to assist the media, the Archdiocese of the Catholic Church of Montreal and Dans la rue present the following funeral details and outline the media procedures developed for this occasion.
- The funeral Mass will be held at St. Patrick's Basilica, 460 René-Lévesque Blvd. West, at 10:30 a.m. The Basilica will be open to the public at 9 a.m.
- His Excellency Most Reverend Christian Lépine, Archbishop of Montreal, will preside at the celebration, assisted by Auxiliary Bishop Thomas Dowd, Msgr. Francis John Coyle, Pastor of St. Patrick's, and Father Claude Paradis from Notre-Dame-de-la-rue with the assisting permanent deacons.
- The Gospel will be proclaimed by Deacon Dr. François Lehmann, who will also deliver the first part of the homily.
- The funeral music will be sung by St. Patrick's Basilica Choir, under the direction of Music Director and organist Kevin Savoy.
- Starting at 10 a.m., there will be two musical interludes:
- MSO musicians (brass quintet)
- Stéphane Beaulac, trumpet
- Amy Horvey, trumpet
- Nadia Côté, horn
- Pierre Beaudry, trombone
- Austin Howle, tuba
- Three young musicians from Dans la rue with Julien Peyrin
- Following the Entrance Rite, Words of Remembrance will be delivered by four individuals closely associated with Dans la rue:
- Manon Proulx, family member
- Caroline Dufour, Director of Youth Services, Dans la rue
- Talasia, former Dans la rue youth
- Puce, former Dans la rue youth – reciting a poem
- For the Recessional Procession, eight young people from Dans la rue will serve as honourary pall bearers.
- The casket will leave the Basilica accompanied by the strains of bagpipe music, played by Sergeant Madeleine King of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Media representatives are asked to confirm their presence beforehand with Erika Jacinto (preferably by email) to be accredited for the funeral.
- Media representatives should use the main entrance of the Basilica for quick access to the media reception centre.
- Media representatives can conduct interviews and record images inside the Basilica between 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and again once the ceremony is over and the remains have left the basilica. They can also record the Entrance and Recessional processions of the funeral service.
- Should media representatives wish to remain for the funeral service, there will be a reserved seating section for the media; to preserve the peaceful ambiance of the mass and to respect the privacy of the mourners, there should be no media activity during the mass except for those mentioned below.
- The services of professional photographer Tim Snow have been retained to produce a pool of photographs of the entire ceremony. To access the photographs, media representatives are kindly requested to contact Erika Jacinto.
- With the Basilica's permission, the CTV Network will record parts of the mass using two cameras.
We thank you for your co-operation.
SOURCE Archdiocese of the Catholic Church of Montreal
For further information: For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact: Erika Jacinto, Director, Communications and Media Relations, Archdiocese of the Catholic Church of Montreal, [email protected], 514 925-4300 ext. 204, Cell phone: 514 709-8216; Etienne Lalonde, Senior Director, Development and Communications, Dans la rue, [email protected], 514 526-5222, ext. 223, Cell phone: 514 815-5555