Capture the excitement as families and dignitaries support the organization and take part in exciting carnival activities
BURNABY, BC, March 28, 2012 /CNW/ - The Children's Wish Foundation celebrates the finale of its first ever Children's Wish Month with an Ice Carnival fundraising event at the newly renovated Pitt Meadows Arena Complex. The month of March has been an exciting and triumphant first ever Wish Month with staff, volunteers and supporters of Children's Wish celebrating the granting of over 18,000 wishes of children diagnosed with a life threatening illness. Wish Month has also successfully raised awareness and funds to grant future wishes.
The Ice Carnival will have a variety of family activities including:
- Balloon animals with Dilly the Clown (www.clickandclown.com)
- Easter crafts with Krafty Kidz (www.krafty-kidz.ca)
- Pose & take home a silly photos at the Giggle Booth (www.GiggleBoothPhotos.com)
- A professional caricature artist creating masterpieces right before your eyes (www.caricatoons.ca)
- Traditional carnival games for prizes
- Fabulous face painting from Gossamer Designs (www.gossamerdesigns.ca)
- An amazingly colourful balloon display created by Cocoglobo Balloons (www.cocoglobo.com)
Most of the entertainment will be on the mezzanine upstairs however two rinks will be open for those who want to skate. Complimentary equipment will be available in limited supply so attendees are asked to please bring their own skates and helmets if possible.
Entrance to the Carnival will be by a $5 minimum donation with children under 3 free. All money raised will help the Foundation grant the exceptional wishes of children living with life-threatening illnesses.
|WHEN:||Saturday, March 31, 2012|
|2:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|WHERE:||Pitt Meadows Arena 1|
|1435 Bonson Road|
|Pitt Meadows, BC|
- Capture images/footage of Pitt Meadow's first ever Ice Carnival with hundreds of local kids and parents participating in a variety of carnival activities
- Potential interview/photo opportunities with local dignitaries including Pitt Meadows Mayor Deb Walters and Maple Ridge Mayor Ernie Daykin
- Potential interview/photo opportunities with recent wish recipient 11 year old Kieren
- Interview opportunities with Children's Wish BC & Yukon Chapter Director, Amber Dyce
- Potential interview/photo opportunities with Pitt Meadows Arena General Manager
- Capture images/footage of the newly renovated Pitt Meadows Arena
For more information about Children's Wish Month visit www.wishmonth.ca.
The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
Each year, thousands of Canadian children between the ages of three and 17 are diagnosed with a life threatening illness. Since 1984, The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada has worked tirelessly to grant exceptional wishes to 18,000 children and their families.
This year, the Foundation expects to grant over 1,000 new wishes and is proud to have never refused a wish to an eligible child, and with the help of volunteers and generous donors, is able to grant nearly three wishes every day. Each wish is an individual adventure, carefully structured to meet the needs of a particular child and family. The Foundation is a national charity with chapters in every province and territory. Visit www.childrenswish.ca for more information.
For further information:
Amber Dyce, Chapter Director
The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, BC & Yukon Chapter
Phone: (604) 299-2241, ext. 229
Mobile: (778) 840-5920
email: [email protected]