Daily activities and competitions continue through November 16
TORONTO, Nov. 13, 2014 /CNW/ - The final weekend of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair's 92nd season has a full slate of exciting activities, competitions and entertainment that will connect families with farming and food experiences in fresh new ways.
Featuring 10 days of diverse programming which celebrates all that's new in the world of agriculture and fresh, local food, The Royal began Friday, November 7 and runs until Sunday, November 16 in the Direct Energy Centre and Ricoh Coliseum.
Some of the highlights for the final weekend include:
Friday, November 14
Northern Ontario Cook Off, 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Food & Lifestyle Stage
- Two young chefs display the best in Northern Ontario culinary offerings, including elk and bison.
National Ayrshire Show, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Scotiabank Ring of Excellence
- The Ayershires get their due in the spotlight as breeders from across the country compete.
Royal Horse Show starting 7 p.m.
Weston Canadian Open — International Show Jumping, 9:30 p.m., Ricoh Coliseum
- Watch the International stars of the Olympic sport of Show Jumping pull all the stops for a chance at the $50,000 prize in this exciting speed competition.
Saturday, November 15
Road to The Royal Chef Challenge Final, 1-3 p.m., Food & Lifestyle Stage
- Chef Ted Reader, Godfather of the Grill, will be hosting the final of the Road to the Royal Chef Challenge Series. The final two chefs from the regional fairs and the finalist from the Toronto division will face off for the title of Grand Champion.
Quality Seeds Supreme Champion, 2-4 p.m., Scotiabank Ring of Excellence
- The Grand Champions from each dairy breed show will come into the ring to be judged together by our panel of professional dairy judges. The culminating dairy competition at The Royal and the biggest honor a dairy cow can take home.
Jack Russell Terrier Races, 1:30 p.m., President's Choice Animal Theatre
- Come watch and learn about Jack Russell Terriers and see them race.
Royal Horse Show Evening Performance, 7-11 p.m., Ricoh Coliseum
- The GroupBy Big Ben Challenge is the final class for Olympic calibre International Show Jumpers. The evening also features the Hackney Horse World Championship and the crowd favorite Royal Championship Six Horse Hitch.
Sunday, November 16
The Rabbit and Cavy Show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Scotiabank Ring of Excellence
- A family favorite — with over 100 different classes for rabbits, cavies, and wool products this may be the softest competition the Royal has.
Get in the Christmas Spirit at The Royal
- The Sheridan Nurseries Winter Galley will feature The Royal Christmas Tree Competition, presented by Coca-Cola ®. Vote for your favourite for a chance to win prizes, and be inspired by the approaching holiday season. Takes place at Heritage Court at the SheridanWinter Gallery – Winner declared at 4 p.m.
- Families will also get a chance to visit with Santa Claus and his Real Reindeer in the President's Choice Animal Theatre from 2-4 p.m.
Sheep to Shawl Competition, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Scotiabank Ring of Excellence
- Watch as a team of spinners take raw wool and make a beautiful shawl out of it in under 4 hours.
Royal Breeding Horse Show — North American Sportpony, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Horse Palace
- Breeders will present their best ponies as they vie for the title of Sportpony Star Search Champion.
A full schedule of events can be found at www.royalfair.org/schedule.
Funding support for The Royal has been provided by the City of Toronto and the Government of Ontario.
About The Royal:
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair is the world's largest combined indoor agricultural and equestrian show. This year, The 92nd Royal Agricultural Winter Fair runs November 7-16, 2014 in the Direct Energy Centre and Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto. For competition schedules, live webcasting, results and to purchase tickets, please visit www.royalfair.org.
Image with caption: "Goats on the Go at the President's Choice Animal Theatre. (CNW Group/Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141113_C7125_PHOTO_EN_8005.jpg
SOURCE: Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
For further information: Courtney Charette?, Public Relations Coordinator, Cell: 905.329.0391, E: [email protected]?