VICTORIA, Dec. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - The Public Service Alliance of Canada Victoria Regional Women's Committee is sponsoring a candlelight vigil in Victoria, December 6th.
Along with members of the public and community groups, they will commemorate the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Canada, reflect on violence against women, and gather donations for local women's organizations.
- What: End Violence Against Women Candlelight Vigil
- When: 5:30PM to 6:30PM, Friday December 6th 2013
- Where: Centennial Square (Douglas & Pandora), Victoria BC
- Marianne Alto, City Councillor, Acting Mayor of Victoria
- Diane de Champlain, Community Education and Volunteer Program Coordinator, Victoria Women's Transition House
- Summer Crosson, BC Federation of Labour
- Virginia Vaillancourt, PSAC Victoria Regional Women's Committee Chair
SOURCE: Public Service Alliance of Canada
For further information:
Patrick Bragg, PSAC Communications, (778) 889 3486