VICTORIA, Dec. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - The Public Service Alliance of Canada Victoria Regional Women's Committee is sponsoring a candlelight vigil in Victoria on December 6th, the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Canada.
Members of the public will gather to reflect on violence against women, call upon the federal government to announce a national action plan to deal with all forms of violence against women, and collect donations for local women's organizations.
What: End Violence Against Women Candlelight Vigil
When: 5:30PM to 6:30PM, Thursday December 6th 2012
Where: Centennial Square (Douglas & Pandora), Victoria BC
- Pam Madoff, Victoria City Councillor and Acting Mayor
- Martha Jullierat, on behalf of Randall Garrison, MP for Esquimalt - Juan de Fuca
- Diane de Champlain, Community Education and Volunteer Program Coordinator, Victoria Women's Transition House
- Bob Jackson, PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President
- Virginia Vaillancourt, PSAC Victoria Regional Women's Committee Chair
SOURCE: Public Service Alliance of Canada
For further information:
Patrick Bragg, PSAC, cell: (778) 889 3486