Follow this sold-out CJF Forum online
TORONTO, Feb. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Journalism Foundation's "Digital First. Print Last. The Gospel According to John Paton" on Thursday, February 16 at 7:00 p.m. at the TMX Broadcast Centre Gallery in Toronto is sold out.
You can follow the event online and watch for upcoming interviews with the CEO of Digital First Media:
1) J-Source will feature John Paton as part of its "Five questions for..." series. The interview will be posted shortly before the event at www.j-source.ca.
2) J-Source will liveblog the event at:
3) Send comments or ask a question during the event via Twitter #cjfforum.
4) Check out Jian Ghomeshi's interview with Paton on CBC's Q this month.
5) Watch for coverage in Toronto Life.
6) Stay tuned for CPAC's broadcast of the event.
7) Visit www.cjf-fjc-ca for a full report of the CJF Forum, after the event.
John Paton's controversial strategy for saving the newspaper industry is transforming a chain of 150 papers including established titles like The Denver Post, The Detroit News and the San Jose Mercury News. Paton, a former publisher of the London Free Press and Sun Media executive and now CEO of New York-based Digital First Media, believes that digital is where the money is and he's got the track record to back that up. The news industry is watching closely: major media executives and heads of journalism schools will be among those attending the Forum to hear Paton, named "Publisher of the Year" in 2009 by Editor & Publisher, in conversation with Douglas Knight, president of St. Joseph Media.
WHERE: TMX Broadcast Centre Gallery, The Exchange Tower, 130 King St. W., Toronto
WHEN: Thursday, February 16, Registration 6:45 p.m. / Presentation 7:00 p.m. / Reception 8:30 p.m.
For further information:
Canadian Journalism Foundation