OTTAWA, Nov. 23, 2017 /CNW/ -The Customs and Immigration Union (CIU) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) will be demonstrating in front of the office of federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau, at 430 Parliament Street, in Toronto, on November 23, 2017, at noon.
The unions are demonstrating regarding the ongoing bargaining process with the government toward a new collective agreement for members of the FB group (Border Services).
The FB Group is composed of more than 8,000 members working for the Canadian Border Services. These members, who have been without a contract since June 2014, keep Canada's borders safe, and deserve fair treatment.
Among the unions' demands, the major issues are:
- Wage parity with other law enforcement agencies;
- '25 and Out' – the possibility of retiring after 25 years without penalty;
- Protecting against the contracting out of work;
- Preventing CBSA from using technology to cut positions or put Canadians' safety at risk;
- Stronger provisions regarding discipline;
- Stronger provisions regarding Variable Shift Scheduling Arrangements.
- Where: 430 Parliament St, Toronto, ON
- When: Thursday November 23, 2017, 12:00
- Who: – Mark Weber, CIU 1st National Vice-President– Sharon DeSousa, PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President, Ontario
CIU is a Component of PSAC and represents 10 000 workers at the Canada Border Services Agency, throughout the country.
For further information: Pierre St-Jacques, CIU, 613.293.1499, email@example.com.