VANCOUVER, June 22, 2017 /CNW/ - Eligible BC print, broadcast and online journalists may enter in the following categories:
- Breaking News (one each for print, radio and tv),
- Feature/Enterprise Reporting (one each for print, radio and tv),
- Digital Journalism
- Science, Technology, Health and Environment,
- Legal Journalism,
- Business, Industry and Economics,
- Chinese Language,
- Commentator of the Year – also known as the City Mike Award in honour of Jack Webster's groundbreaking CJOR radio program which established Webster as one of BC's pre-eminent commentators.
Submissions must have been aired or published between June 1, 2016 and May 31, 2017.
Visit www.jackwebster.com for easy online access to enter your submission. There are no fees to enter.
Jack Webster Awards Dinner
The awards will be presented at the 2017 Jack Webster Awards Dinner on Thursday, October 12th at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver
The Jack Webster Foundation was established in 1986 to recognize excellence in journalism in British Columbia. The work of the Foundation is made possible by the generous sponsorship of HSBC Bank Canada, Fortis BC, Wazuku Advisory Group, Global Container Terminals, Port of Vancouver, Labatt Breweries of British Columbia, Coast Capital, CN, Vancity, Telus, and TD
Thanks to CNW for its distribution of Jack Webster Award releases.
SOURCE Jack Webster Awards
For further information: Nora Newlands, Executive Director, Jack Webster Foundation, Tel. 604-261-6184, email@example.com, www.jackwebster.com, Follow us on Twitter at @JackWebsterFdn