100 percent of event's revenue supports local women's shelters and programs to end family violence
TORONTO, May 8, 2012 /CNW/ - On Saturday, May 12, more than 120 Royal LePage offices across Canada will host the National Garage Sale for Shelter, a one-day charity garage sale in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, an organization committed to supporting women's shelters and ending violence against women and children. Since 2009, the National Garage Sale for Shelter has raised more than $850,000 to support women's shelters across the country and help fund long-term solutions to end violence in Canadian homes.
Media are invited to attend their local Garage Sale site on Saturday, May 12. Representatives from Royal LePage will be available for interviews at all National Garage Sale for Shelter sites across Canada.
- What: 4th Annual National Garage Sale for Shelter
- When: Saturday, May 12, 2012
- Where: Across Canada! Click here to find your local Garage Sale site
- Why: To support the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, Canada's largest public foundation dedicated exclusively to supporting women's shelters and ending family violence. Now in its fourth year, the event brings local residents together with Royal LePage REALTORS® to raise much-needed funds and awareness to help break the cycle of family violence.
How can the community get involved?
Members of the community are encouraged to participate and help de-clutter for a cause. Donate gently used items to your participating Royal LePage office by Friday, May 11 and stop by your local Garage Sale for Shelter location on Saturday, May 12 to find some great bargains and help support a worthy cause.
Need more info?
Please visit www.royallepage.ca/shelter. Or you can:
- Click here to watch a video on the National Garage Sale for Shelter
- Click here for a fact sheet on the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
Can't attend the event but still want to donate?
- Click here to make an online donation
"Violence against women affects thousands of Canadian families," says Shanan Spencer-Brown, Executive Director of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. "Half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16 and 360,000 children are exposed to family violence every year. That's why we are so committed to raising funds to provide a safe haven for women and children and to stop the cycle of family violence."
Video with caption: "Video: 2012 National Garage Sale for Shelter Video". Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLT7IzfV4LY&feature=youtu.be
Image with caption: "National Garage Sale for Shelter logo (CNW Group/Royal LePage Shelter Foundation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120508_C5192_PHOTO_EN_13243.jpg
Image with caption: "Phil Soper, President and CEO of Royal LePage (2nd from right) visits the 2011 Royal LePage National Garage Sale for Shelter location in Oakville, Ontario, one of the largest garage sales in the country. (CNW Group/Royal LePage Shelter Foundation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120508_C5192_PHOTO_EN_13244.jpg
For further information:
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Royal LePage Shelter Foundation