#GarageSale4Shelter @RLPShelterFdn @Royal_LePage
100 percent of event's revenue supports local women's shelters and programs to end family violence
TORONTO, May 9, 2013 /CNW/ - This Saturday, May 11th, is the 5th Annual National Garage Sale for Shelter in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. Garage Sales at 120 locations across Canada have raised more than $1.2 million since 2009, to support women's shelters across the country and help fund long-term solutions to end violence in Canadian homes.
The weekend will culminate with a massive charity garage sale on Monday, May 13th at Royal LePage head office in Toronto. All funds raised will benefit the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, an organization committed to supporting women's shelters and ending violence against women and children.
Media are invited to attend this charity Garage Sale on Monday, May 13. Representatives from Royal LePage Canada and the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation will be available for interviews.
- What: The 5th Annual National Garage Sale for Shelter, a charity Garage Sale including an array of unique items, bake sale, jewellery sale and BBQ
- When: Monday, May 13, 2013
- Where: Royal LePage Canada, 39 Wynford Drive, Toronto
- Why: To support the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, Canada's largest public foundation dedicated exclusively to supporting women's shelters and ending family violence. Now in its fifth year, the event brings local residents together with Royal LePage REALTORS® to raise much-needed funds and awareness to help break the cycle of family violence.
- Who: Interview opportunities with Phil Soper, President & CEO, Royal LePage and Shanan Spencer-Brown, Executive Director, Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
How can the community get involved?
Members of the community are encouraged to participate and help de-clutter for a cause. Donate gently used items to the National Garage Sale for Shelter held at participating Royal LePage offices by Friday, May 10, visit your local Garage Sale for Shelter location on Saturday, May 11, or stop by the Garage Sale for Shelter at Royal LePage head office on Monday, May 13, to find some great bargains and help support a worthy cause.
Need more info?
Please visit www.royallepage.ca/shelter. Or you can:
- Click here to watch a video on the National Garage Sale for Shelter
- Click here for a fact sheet on the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
Can't attend the event but still want to donate?
- Click here to make an online donation
"Violence against women happens in all communities and at every age and income level," says Shanan Spencer-Brown, Executive Director of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. "Half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16 and 360,000 children are exposed to domestic violence every year. On average, every six days, a Canadian woman is killed by her partner. That's why we are so committed to providing a safe haven for women and children who have experienced abuse."
SOURCE: Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
For further information:
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Kaiser Lachance Communications
Royal LePage Shelter Foundation