REGINA, March 16, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) celebrates the 30th anniversary of cell phones in Canada with an event honouring outstanding Saskatchewan organizations that use wireless technology to improve the lives of Canadians.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
5pm - 7pm
Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan
2125 Victoria Avenue, Regina
Host: Bernard Lord, President & CEO, CWTA
Welcoming Remarks: Kelly Block, Member of Parliament for Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar
Connected to the Community Award Recipients:
• Regina and District Association for Community Living
• Saskatchewan Bleeding Disorders Program
• Canadian Red Cross – Imagine No Bullying
• City of Saskatoon – notifynow
• Athabasca Basin Development
Guest Award Presenters:
• The Honourable Jeremy Harrison, MLA for Meadow Lake, and Saskatchewan's Minister Responsible for Immigration, Jobs, Skills and Training; Tourism Saskatchewan; Innovation; and Trade
• Rob Clarke, Member of Parliament for Desnethé-Missinippi-Churchill River
• Kelly Block, Member of Parliament for Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar
• Ron Styles, President & CEO, SaskTel
• Laura Markle, Manager, Public Affairs, Huawei Canada
The 2015 National Connected to the Community Tour is sponsored by Bell, Huawei and Rogers. The Saskatchewan regional event is also sponsored by SaskTel.
About the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents wireless service providers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry, including handset and equipment manufacturers, content and application creators and business-to-business service providers.
SOURCE Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
For further information: Media information and interview opportunities: Marc Choma, 613-233-4888 ext. 207, [email protected]