FREDERICTON, Feb. 11, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) celebrates the 30th anniversary of cell phones in Canada with an event honouring outstanding New Brunswick organizations that use wireless technology to improve the lives of Canadians.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Crowne Plaza Fredericton
659 Queen Street, Fredericton
5pm – 7pm
Host: Bernard Lord, President & CEO, CWTA
Special Guest: The Honourable Brian Gallant, Premier of New Brunswick
Connected to the Community Award Recipients:
- The RCMP Foundation
- Connected Voices Health Research Project
- NBCC's Mobile First Technology Initiative
- ExploreEcoNB Mobile Application
- Donald Fraser Memorial School
Guest Award Presenters:
- The Honourable Rob Moore, Member of Parliament for Fundy-Royal and the Regional Minister for New Brunswick
- The Honourable Francine Landry, New Brunswick's Minister of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
- Robert Goguen, Member of Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice
- Rodney Weston, Member of Parliament for Saint John
The 2015 National Connected to the Community Tour is sponsored by Bell, Huawei and Rogers.
About the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents wireless service providers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry, including handset and equipment manufacturers, content and application creators and business-to-business service providers.
SOURCE Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
For further information: Marc Choma, 613-233-4888 ext. 207, firstname.lastname@example.org