WINNIPEG, March 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) celebrates the 30th anniversary of cell phones in Canada with an event honouring outstanding Manitoba organizations that use wireless technology to improve the lives of Canadians.
Host: Bernard Lord, President & CEO, CWTA
Guest Speaker: The Honourable Candice Bergen, Member of Parliament for Portage-Lisgar, and Minister of State for Social Development
Connected to the Community Award Recipients:
- Manitoba Justice Victims Services – CELL Program
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection
- Winnipeg Humane Society
- Kindoma – Storytime
- Manitoba Bleeding Disorders Program
Guest Award Presenters:
- The Honourable Sharon Blady, MLA for Kirkfield Park and Manitoba's Minister of Health
- The Honourable Candice Bergen, Member of Parliament for Portage-Lisgar, and Minister of State for Social Development
- Joyce Bateman, Member of Parliament for Winnipeg South Centre
- Laura Markle, Manager, Public Affairs, Huawei Canada
The 2015 National Connected to the Community Tour is sponsored by Bell, Huawei and Rogers. The Manitoba regional event is also sponsored by MTS.
About the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents wireless service providers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry, including handset and equipment manufacturers, content and application creators and business-to-business service providers.
SOURCE Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
For further information: Media information and interview opportunities: Marc Choma, 613-233-4888 ext. 207, firstname.lastname@example.org