VANCOUVER, April 15, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) celebrates the 30th anniversary of cell phones in Canada with an event honouring outstanding British Columbia organizations that use wireless technology to improve the lives of Canadians.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
5pm - 7pm
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
645 Howe Street, Vancouver
Host: Bernard Lord, President & CEO, CWTA
- Joyce Murray, Member of Parliament for Vancouver Quadra
- George Heyman, MLA for Vancouver-Fairview
- Councillor Raymond Louie, City of Vancouver
- Sean Presley, Vancouver Site Leader, Ericsson
Connected to the Community Award Recipients:
- LionsGate Technologies – Kenek O2
- Shield Diagnostics – Integrated Smartphone Glucometer
- Food Banks BC
- RRate – Children's Respiratory Rate Measurement App
The 2015 National Connected to the Community Tour is sponsored by Bell, Huawei and Rogers. The British Columbia regional event is also sponsored by Ericsson.
About the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents wireless service providers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry, including handset and equipment manufacturers, content and application creators and business-to-business service providers.
SOURCE Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
For further information: Media information and interview opportunities: Marc Choma, 613-233-4888 ext. 207, [email protected]