Media advisory - CIRA to host national event on the future of the Internet
Feb 24, 2012, 16:28 ET
OTTAWA, Feb. 24, 2012 /CNW/ - On February 27, 2012, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) will host a national event on the future of the Internet in Canada at the Westin Ottawa.
The Canadian Internet Forum (CIF) is the culmination of a three-month online consultation with Canadians about the development of the Internet in Canada. The event will host a panel of leading Canadian experts discussing the future of the Internet. Confirmed panellists include:
- Steve Anderson, Open Media
- Frédérick Gaudreau, Sûreté du Québec
- Michael Geist, University of Ottawa
- Jane Tallim, Media Awareness Network
- Bertrand de La Chapelle, Program Director, International Diplomatic Academy and ICANN Board Member
- Bill Graham, Consultant on International Internet Policy and ICANN Board Member
- Byron Holland, Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Canadian entrepreneur, author and star of CBC's the Dragons' Den and ABC's Shark Tank Robert Herjavec will deliver the keynote presentation.
CIRA's president, Byron Holland, will be available to speak with the media immediately following the event. Arrangements may be made for interviews with other speakers.
Event: Canadian Internet Forum
When: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., February 27, 2012
Where: Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority is the member-driven organization that manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
For further information:
Communications Manager, Canadian Internet Registration Authority
(613) 237-5335 ext. 262
Share this article