- Keynote Speaker Mark Anielski; Economist, Professor, Entrepreneur, Best Selling Author of The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth-
TORONTO, Oct. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - Celebrate nature and happiness, at the 19th Annual Charles Sauriol Environmental Dinner for The Living City, organized by Toronto and Region Conservation and The Living City Foundation. The annual event celebrates the great conservationist and visionary Charles Sauriol C.M. and the vision for a new kind of community, The Living City®, where human settlement can flourish forever as part of nature's beauty and diversity. The dinner helps to raise funds to protect environmentally significant lands and raise awareness about the importance of conservation in creating a cleaner, greener and healthier place to live.
This year's keynote speaker is Mark Anielski; Economist, Professor, Entrepreneur, Best Selling Author of The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth. In the book, Mark talks about a new approach to measuring and reporting on the conditions of well-being that matter most to people's quality of life and to a sustainable world, the genuine wealth model. One of Mark's most rewarding projects was the completion of a Genuine Wealth Indicators framework for the Inuit of Nunavut in Canada's eastern Arctic; the first genuine wealth measurement system for First Nations that aligns First Nation values with First Nation indicators of economic, social and environmental well-being.
"I would like people to feel inspired that their effort in the conservation of Canada's amazing natural assets is critical to improving the state of happiness and well-being in Canada and the world," said Mark Anielski. "Protecting and conserving our natural capital advantage makes both good business sense and generates a genuine well-being return on investment to us all."
WHAT: 19th Annual Charles Sauriol Environmental Dinner for The Living City©
- MC, Anwar Knight, Canadian broadcaster, actor and television producer
- Keynote "The Genuine Value of Nature and Happiness" by Mark Anielski
- Featured performers: A2D2 ~Aerial Dance Cirque Company
- Silent Auction
- The Living City Awards are presented to organizations who exemplify TRCA's vision for The Living City, where human settlement can flourish forever as part of nature's beauty and diversity. There are three awards that represent each of The Living City objectives for healthy rivers and shorelines, regional biodiversity and sustainable communities.
- Book signing of The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth (books available for purchase at the event).
WHEN: Thursday, November 8, 2012, Reception starts at 6:00 p.m., Dinner at 7 p.m.
WHERE: Embassy Grand Convention Centre, 8800 The Gore Road, Brampton, Ontario L6P 0B1
COST: $200 per person. Reservations required. To buy a ticket, buy a table or become a sponsor please go to http://www.charlessauriol.ca
Living City Champion Sponsors: Nashville Developments Inc. (TACC Developments, Arista Homes, Fieldgate Homes and Paradise Homes)
Living City Leader Sponsors: Sorbara Development Group, tbg Landscape, Times Group Corporation
Toronto and Region Conservation
With over fifty years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA) helps people understand, enjoy and look-after the natural environment. Our vision is for The Living City®, where human settlement can flourish forever as part of nature's beauty and diversity. For more information, call 416-661-6600 or visit us at www.trca.on.ca
SOURCE: Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
For further information:
For media information contact:
Rowena Calpito, Supervisor, Media Management, Toronto and Region Conservation, 416-661-6600 ext 5632, [email protected]