Hill+Knowlton's cannabis experts will be available for comment on 4/20 - April 18th, 19th and 20th, 2018.
TORONTO, April 18, 2018 /CNW/ - It is an exciting and challenging time as Canada approaches the legalization of recreational cannabis. As 4/20 is upon us, there is still uncertainty caused by the debate of Bill C-45, The Cannabis Act, in federal Parliament. This is occurring while the provinces are deciding and implementing their respective method of cannabis distribution. Moreover, there is also the complex regulatory environment around the marketing of cannabis to consumers.
Experts from Hill+Knowlton will be available to discuss the following:
- Current state of Bill C-45 and proposed regulations
- Cross-country political considerations given several imminent provincial elections
- What LP's will need to do to navigate this complex regulatory environment to connect with consumers
- Results from H+K's pan-Canadian research panel on evolving attitudes towards legalization of cannabis
- Ivan Ross Vrana (Ottawa): Ivan Ross is widely recognized as an industry expert in the field of medical cannabis and the emerging regime of legalized cannabis. His experience in this sector dates back to his time with Health Canada when he helped develop the Government of Canada's position regarding the use, production, distribution and regulation of cannabis for medical purposes. Since that time he has offered clients counsel and support in investor relations, communications, regulatory review, strategic partnerships, identification and outreach related to market opportunities in other countries such as the United States and Australia and government affairs work at the federal, provincial and municipal levels. Ivan Ross has also written several articles regarding the cannabis industry and been a guest speaker at conferences in Canada and the United States.
- Omar Khan (Toronto/Ottawa): Omar served as Chief of Staff to the Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care where he was responsible for, among other things, providing insights and counsel on emerging issues, strategic decisions and policy development to the Minister, Premier's Office and other Cabinet members. Omar was an early member of Ontario's cannabis legalization steering committee. He has also served as a Senior Advisor to an Ontario Attorney General.
- Hilda Kinross (Toronto): Hilda is a marketing communications expert responsible for H+K's consumer practice. She helps brands craft compelling narratives to tell their stories and reach their many audiences. In the Cannabis space specifically, she is helping brands effectively influence stakeholders in a complex environment and within strict regulations. Taking on a 'cautiously creative' approach, she is working closely with the PA and issues management teams at H+K to ensure that brands stand out in an increasingly cluttered and complex space, but also play within the rules.
- Elliott Gauthier (Ottawa): Elliott is a leader of innovative mix-mode and cross-disciplined research methods. Elliott delivers deep insights into client audiences by combining social intelligence analyses, quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies, and big data techniques. Led by Elliott, the H+K team has surveyed Canadians to understand changing attitudes on legalization, consumers perceptions about cannabis, and their understanding of the legislation.
About Hill+Knowlton's cannabis practice
H+K has a team of experts that have been advising clients in the medical cannabis space since 2013. We assist clients in navigating the regulatory and application process, support their communications and marketing efforts and provide public affairs support which allows our clients to achieve success today, while preparing for the future of this fast-changing industry.
SOURCE Hill & Knowlton Canada
For further information: or to schedule an interview, please contact: Meredith Burns, Senior Manager, Business Development + Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org, D: +1 416 413 4787, M: +1 416 262 9212