OTTAWA, March 6, 2012 /CNW/ - The President of the Canadian Teachers' Federation (CTF) will be joined by five teacher leaders of provincial/territorial teacher organizations to support British Columbia teachers colleagues on the BC Legislative Assembly steps in Victoria at noon today.
- Paul Taillefer, CTF President; www.ctf-fce.ca
- Lily Cole, President, Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers' Association www.nlta.nl.ca;
- Heather Smith, President, New Brunswick Teachers' Association www.nbta.ca
- Chris Karuhanga, First Vice-President, Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association www.oecta.on.ca
- Paul Olson, President, Manitoba Teachers' Society www.mbteach.org
- Robin Langill, President, Nunavut Teachers' Association www.ntanu.ca
CTF is the only organization that speaks nationally on behalf of the Canadian teaching profession. An alliance of 15 Member organizations and one Affiliate Member representing nearly 200,000 teachers across the country, CTF is also a member of the international body of teachers, Education International.
For further information:
Francine Filion, Director of Communications, CTF 613-688-4314 (office) or 613-899-4247 (cell)