OTTAWA, May 25, 2015 /CNW/ - Christyn Cianfarani, President of the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI), will hold a press conference at the EY Centre in Ottawa to officially open CANSEC 2015, Canada's premier defence show. Statistics will be released regarding the economic impact of the tradeshow on the Ottawa region and the value the defence industry brings to the country.
Other highlights of CANSEC are keynote addresses and special remarks by:
- Lieutenant-General Guy Thibault – Vice Chief of the Defence Staff
(May 27th, 8:30am – 9:00am)
- The Honourable Jason Kenney – Minister of National Defence and Minister for Multiculturalism
(May 27th, 12:00pm – 13:00pm)
- The Honourable Michelle Rempel – Minister of State (Western Economic Diversification)
(May 28th, 8:00am – 8:15am)
- The Honourable James Moore – Minister of Industry (May 28th, 8:30am – 9:00am)
- The Honourable Diane Finley – Minister of Public Works and Government Services
(May 28th, 13:20pm – 14:00pm)
PRESS CONFERENCE DETAILS:
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
11:00 am – 11:30 am
EY Centre – Media Room
4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa, ON K1V 2N6
- Media interested in attending CANSEC need to register ahead of time: https://defenceandsecurity.ca/CANSEC/.
- Free on-site parking is available at the EY Centre on a first come availability basis.
CADSI is the national voice of Canada's defence and security industries, a sector that employs 109,000 Canadians and generated more than 12.6 billion dollars for our economy in 2011.
SOURCE Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)
For further information: Derek Ferguson, Dawson Ferguson Communications Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-218-0306