Vancouver one of five Canadian cities participating in ground-breaking
OTTAWA, Nov. 19 /CNW Telbec/ - A series of news conferences will be held on Monday, November 23rd, to officially launch "At Home/ Chez Soi", a unique four year research demonstration project that will help us understand and reduce the incidence of homelessness in Canada. The purpose is to find the best mix of housing and support for people who are homeless and living with a mental illness. Research tells us homelessness and mental illness are closely linked.
The Vancouver news conference will occur at:
The Coast Clubhouse, 295 East 11th Ave.,
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Participating in the Vancouver event will be experts in the field of
mental health, social housing and research, as well as individuals who have
experienced mental illness and homelessness. Guests who will be available to
speak with the media include:
- Ms. Louise Bradley, Chief Operating Officer, Mental Health Commission
- Ms. Catharine Hume, Vancouver At Home/Chez-Soi Site Coordinator
- Ms. Sandra Dawson, At Home/Chez-Soi Local Advisory Committee Member;
- Mr. Gregor Robertson, Mayor of Vancouver.
- Ms. Tracy Schonfeld,Director of Community Services, Coast Mental
- Mr. Greg Richmond, Associate Director, Raincity Housing
- Ms. Julia Weisser, Peer Specialist, Raincity Housing First ACT Team;
- Dr. Julian Somers, Principal Investigator, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Jim Frankish, Principal Investigator, University of British
SOURCE AT HOME
For further information: For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact: Catharine Hume, Vancouver Site Coordinator, (w) (604) 688-2204, (direct line) (604) 629-5361, (C) 604-617-3978, email@example.com; Susan King, Strategic Communications Inc. for MHCC, (O) (613) 744-8282, (c) (613) 725-5901, firstname.lastname@example.org; Nujma Bond, At Home/Chez Soi Communications, MHCC, (O) (403) 385-4033, (C) (403) 826-3942, email@example.com