OTTAWA, Nov. 19 /CNW Telbec/ - A series of news conferences will be held on Monday, November 23rd, to officially launch "At Home/ Chez Soi", a ground breaking national research demonstration project that will help us understand and reduce the incidence of homelessness in Canada. The purpose is to find the best mix of housing and support for homeless people who have a mental illness. Research tells us homelessness and mental illness is closely linked.
Participating in the news conferences will be experts in the field of mental health, social housing and research, as well as individuals who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
The news conferences will occur, (all times are local) in:
- Moncton, New Brunswick, First United Baptist Church, 157 Queen Street,
- Montréal, Quebec, Le Chaînon, 4373 ave de l'Esplanade, 10:00;
- Toronto, Ontario, Enoch Turner School House, 106 Trinity St., 10:00;
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Thunderbird House, 715 Main St., 10:00; and
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Coast Clubhouse, 295 East 11th Ave.,
SOURCE Mental Health Commission of Canada
For further information: For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact: Susan King, Strategic Communications Inc. for MHCC, (O) (613) 744-8282, (C) (613) 725-5901, firstname.lastname@example.org; Nujma Bond, At Home/Chez Soi Communications, MHCC; (O) (403) 385-4033, (C) (403) 826-3942, email@example.com; Charmain Emerson, Strategic Communications Inc. for MHCC, (O) (416) 588-8514, (C) (416) 857-9401, firstname.lastname@example.org