OTTAWA, Sept. 4, 2018 /CNW/ - Over five consecutive days starting Monday, September 10, Canada Post will unveil a stamp issue to pay tribute to five groups of Canada's emergency responders. One stamp will be unveiled each day at a separate event across the country to honor a different kind of emergency responder.
The stamps express the respect and gratitude of Canadians to emergency responders, professional and volunteer. With their skills, with their service and by their sacrifices, they find and rescue the lost; treat and save the seriously ill and injured; and protect us, our homes, businesses, and communities.
What: Canada Post's iconic stamp program is paying tribute to emergency responders with five stamps
Who, When, and Where:
- Paramedics: Monday September 10 – Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Canadian Armed Forces: Tuesday, September 11 – Valcartier, Quebec
- Search and Rescue: Wednesday, September 12 – Banff, Alberta
- Firefighters: Thursday, September 13 – Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Police: Friday, September 14 – Ottawa, Ontario
All events will begin at 10.30 am local time.
Canada Post will follow up with local media in event locations with more details.
Click here for a glimpse into the upcoming stamp issue and the emergency responders we are honoring.
SOURCE Canada Post
For further information: Canada Post, Media Relations, 613-734-8888, email@example.com