Date: Morning of Friday, January 2, 2015
Location: Province-wide for British Columbia including all municipalities
VICTORIA, Dec. 29, 2014 /CNW/ -
Media Information and Interviews:
- BC Assessment will issue approximately 50 local area news releases on Friday, January 2, 2015 with highlights of property assessment changes in local communities.
- All news releases, as well as statistics and general information about the 2015 Assessment Roll, will be posted on www.bcassessment.ca on January 2.
- Of note, BC Assessment's website will list the Top Valued Properties for all of British Columbia as well as by regional breakdown.
- For interviews, starting January 2, contact the designated media contact on the local news release.
- NOTE: BC Assessment is closed for business on January 1 for the New Year's Day holiday. Full customer service resumes on Friday, January 2. Offices will then be closed again on Saturday, January 3 and Sunday, January 4th, reopening on Monday, January 5th.
- Nearly two million property owners will receive their 2015 property assessment notice by mail in early January.
- Starting in January, the public can use the free, newly-enhanced e-valueBC search tool on BC Assessment's website to compare their 2015 property assessment to others.
- The mandate of BC Assessment, a provincial Crown corporation, is to establish and maintain uniform real property assessments throughout British Columbia in accordance with the Assessment Act.
- The Act requires that BC Assessment produce annual rolls with assessments at market value (estimated valuation date as of July 1, 2014 for market value properties).
SOURCE: BC Assessment
For further information: Website: www.bcassessment.ca