Date: Morning of Thursday, January 2, 2014
Location: Province-wide for British Columbia including all municipalities
VANCOUVER, Dec. 30, 2013 /CNW/ -
Media Information and Interviews:
- BC Assessment will issue approximately 50 local area news releases on Thursday, January 2, 2014 with highlights of property assessment changes in local communities.
- All news releases, as well as statistics and general information about the 2014 Assessment Roll, will be posted on www.bcassessment.ca on January 2.
- Of note, BC Assessment's website will list the Top Valued Properties for all of British Columbia as well as by regional breakdown.
- For interviews, starting January 2, contact the designated media contact on the local news release.
- NOTE: BC Assessment is closed for business on January 1 for the New Year's Day holiday. Full customer service resumes on Thursday, January 2.
- Nearly two million property owners will receive their 2014 property assessment notice by mail in early January.
- Starting in January, the public can use the free e-valueBC search tool on BC Assessment's website to compare their property assessment to others.
- The mandate of BC Assessment, a provincial Crown corporation, is to establish and maintain uniform real property assessments throughout British Columbia in accordance with the Assessment Act.
- The Act requires that BC Assessment produce annual rolls with assessments at market value (estimated valuation date as of July 1, 2013 for market value properties).
SOURCE: BC Assessment
For further information:
Media Contact: Tim Morrison, Acting Communications Manager
Tel. 250-595-6211 Local 00251 Email: [email protected]