Media Advisory - AMI celebrates Canada Day with special holiday programming
26 Jun, 2013, 10:00 ET
TORONTO, June 26, 2013 /CNW/ - Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) announced today its lineup of Canadian themed programming that you can be proud to watch on July 1st.
Tune into AMI-tv at 1pm EDT to watch the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Detroit Tigers with live described video. Then watch Canada Day in the Capital, CBC's coverage of festivities from Parliament Hill starting at 4pm EDT. At 9pm, AMI-tv will air the movie John A: Birth of a Country, depicting the creation of Canada through the compelling story of its first prime minister. AMI-tv's Canada Day programming concludes with an in-depth interview with Richard Gwyn, the author that inspired the movie, on Mansbridge: One on One at 11pm.
AMI-audio celebrates Canada's 146th birthday with a variety of themed programming throughout the day including:
- The 3nd Annual Stephen Leacock Sampler airing at 9am, 2pm, and 9:30pm.
- An interview with figure skating legends Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson airing at 10am and 3pm.
- An interview with Entertainment Tonight Canada's Rick Campanelli airing at 10:30am and 3:30pm.
- A profile of jazz legend Oscar Peterson, focusing on his masterpiece, "Canadiana Suite" airing at 11am and 4pm
- The AMI Literature Review featuring short stories by contemporary authors such as Philip K. Dick and Jonathan Lethem at 12pm, 5pm and 9pm read to you by the radio team at Corus Entertainment's Q107 Classic Rock in Toronto.
- What is Canada? AMI-audio takes a humorous look at all things Canadian plus… an exclusive interview with Canadian author and activist, Maude Barlow.
For complete holiday programming information and regional listings, please visit www.AMI.ca
Follow us on Twitter: @a11ymedia
About Accessible Media Inc.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization operating two broadcast services: AMI-tv and AMI-audio and a website, AMI.ca. AMI serves more than five million Canadians who are blind or partially sighted, deaf or hard of hearing, learning disabled, mobility or print restricted, or learning English as a second language by making print, broadcast and online media accessible.
SOURCE: Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)
For further information:
Janis Davidson Pressick, Communications Manager
800-567-6755 ext. 0971, [email protected]
Andrea Ramos, Communications Coordinator
800-567-6755 ext. 0977, [email protected]
Share this article