- Fundraising event helps to restore historic buildings at Black Creek Pioneer Village -
TORONTO, Sept. 19, 2014 /CNW/ - On Thursday, September 25th at 7 p.m., Black Creek Pioneer Village and The Living City Foundation host a signature fundraising event: A Spirited Affair: celebrating beer, whisky, and wine. This unique culinary experience raises funds to restore historic buildings at the Village. Step back in time, as the sights, sounds and tastes of the 1860s and 1960s come
s to life with live music, dancing, and costumed actors. Enjoy a night of craft beer, whisky and wine, paired with local gourmet food themed to 1860s and 1960s menus.
At this two-part event, guests will first be transported back in time to the Victorian 1860s where ballroom dancing and traditional ales are all the rage. Later in the evening, they will be whisked into the early 1960s to listen and dance to Beatles and "Rat Pack" style crooning while sipping on cocktails and enjoying fine food inspired by the time period. Guests are invited to dress-up in early 1960s costumes, with skinny ties, narrow pants, and fedoras, or pencil skirts, white gloves, and bee-hive hairstyles.
All funds raised will support the Black Creek Restoration Campaign to restore five buildings at the Village in need of substantial repair.
When: Thursday, September 25th 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Where: Black Creek Pioneer Village, 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto
Cost: $80. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.blackcreek.ca/v2/join/ Or by calling 416-736-1733. Tickets will also be available for purchase the night of the event.
1860s - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Sample craft beer, artisanal whisky, and local wine from Hogtown Brewers, Pelee Island Winery, and Toronto Distillery Co. paired with delicious 1860s-style food offerings such as smoked meats and house-pickled veggies.
- Visit the Black Creek Historic Brewery and enjoy ales brewed the old-fashion way- Meet characters from the past including the itinerant Dr. Belfry Attic who will read the bumps on your head and reveal your true character
- Tap you toes to lively music performed in an outdoor heritage setting
1960s - 8:00 pm -10:00 pm
- Pair beer, wine, and whisky from Beau's All-Natural Brewing Co, Sandbanks Estate Winery, and Trafalgar Artisanal Distillery with a retro 1960s menu including quiche Lorraine and salmon mousse.
- Twist and shout to live music from Beatles tribute band, The Britles
- Enjoy the smooth and sophisticated sounds of crooner Andy De Campos
- Get out on the dance floor and learn the cool moves of popular '60s dance crazes
- Take part in our silent auction or play exciting fundraising games
For more information event details, on auction details, costume ideas, or to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.blackcreek.ca/spiritedaffair
SOURCE: Black Creek Pioneer Village
For further information: Media Contact: Rowena Calpito, Black Creek Pioneer Village, 416.661.6600 ext 5632, [email protected]