Making Other Plans – 2017 Edition for British Columbia Media
VANCOUVER, Nov. 16, 2017 /CNW/ -
Financial tips & facts from RBC Financial Planning
WHICH… financial goals are top of mind for consumers in British Columbia?*
- Saving for retirement – 49% (matching 52% nationally)
- Saving for a rainy day – 52% (vs. 49% nationally)
- Reducing or eliminating debt – 37% (vs. 42% nationally)
WHO… can financial planning help in British Columbia?*
- 69% who worry about saving now vs. saving for the future (vs. 76% nationally)
- 52% who have only thought "a little" about how to be financially prepared for unexpected life events (matching 52% nationally)
- 56% who don't yet have a financial plan (matching 56% nationally)
- 52% of business owners who have not yet planned what they would do if they aren't able to run their business as long as they want to (vs. 51% nationally)
- 43% who worry if they'll have enough savings for retirement (vs. 46% nationally)
- 30% who haven't yet started saving for retirement (vs. 29% nationally)
* British Columbians aged 18 and over – from RBC 2017 Financial Independence in Retirement Poll
WHAT… are the 3 top tips RBC Financial Planning has for consumers in British Columbia to help them manage their finances?
- Have a formal financial plan that you review regularly as your life changes, to help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Prioritize your debt payments by reducing your high interest debts as much and as quickly as you can.
- Pay yourself first – a simple but very effective approach to saving, particularly when you set up automatic savings.
WHO… can media talk to about financial planning advice for consumers in British Columbia?
- Dawn Tam, Regional Financial Planning Consultant, RBC – Vancouver, BC
WHERE…can media in British Columbia find more information?
- Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications
[email protected] or 416-974-8820
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications, [email protected] or 416-974-8820