- Clergy, Colleagues & Civic Leaders Honour Cardinal Thomas Collins -
TORONTO, Feb. 28, 2012 /CNW/ - Cardinal Thomas Collins will celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving on Wednesday, joined by 28 bishops and more than 400 priests, deacons and multi-faith representatives of Toronto's diverse religious communities.
More than 1,000 well-wishers, dignitaries and friends are expected to gather at St. Michael's Cathedral in thanksgiving and celebration following Cardinal Collins' elevation to the College of Cardinals by Pope Benedict XVI on February 18 in Rome. Confirmed guests include:
- Archbishop Pedro Lopez Quintana, Vatican Representative in Canada;
- The Honourable David Onley, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario;
- Representing the Provincial Government, Member of Provincial Parliament Teresa Piruzza;
- Leader of the Provincial Opposition Tim Hudak;
- the mayors of five cities within the Archdiocese of Toronto; along with a number of regional and municipal representatives.
Note: Seating restrictions will greatly limit public access but coverage of the Mass will be broadcast live on Salt + Light Television and streamed live at www.saltandlighttv.org. Cardinal Collins will also celebrate local Masses over the next two weeks in Toronto, Pickering, Mississauga and Woodbridge. Full information about these celebrations can be found at www.archtoronto.org/cardinal/toronto.html.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - St. Michael's Cathedral, 65 Bond St., Toronto
10:30 a.m. - Concelebrated Pontifical Mass by His Eminence, Thomas Cardinal Collins. Cardinal Collins will meet briefly with the media following Mass.
NOTE: In an effort to ensure appropriate access for these events, it is imperative that all interested media outlets contact the Office of Public Relations & Communications prior to arriving at St. Michael's Cathedral.
Media Logistics - Television pool feed provided by Salt + Light
- Multi-camera media feed: 10:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
| Option 1 - Satellite SD signal at:
SES2 KU BAND @ 87W
TXP 20 slot A
SD MPEG II / DVB 4:2:0
| Option 2 - TOC Pegad from
TeleAntenna Tx HD-SDI
(Signal is SD)
Contact Information for satellite feed: TeleAntena, Steve Athams - 416-233-3010
- Print photos: There will be limited access for print photographers inside the Cathedral. Please register with the Office of Public Relations & Communications prior to the event.
- Audio feed for radio: available on-site - Arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the event in order to ensure hook-ins.
- Reporter seating: Please contact Office of Public Relations & Communications prior to the event. Have media credentials available upon arrival.
- Cameras/live truck parking: Cameras are welcome outside the cathedral for processions, departure, stand-ups, etc. Live truck parking will be limited - please register with the Office of Public Relations & Communications prior to the event.
Background Resources: Background information about Cardinal Collins and extensive resources about the ceremonies related to his elevation to the College of Cardinals are available online at: www.archtoronto.org.
For further information: