MONTREAL, Jan. 24, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - The Hall of Honour at Montreal City Hall will serve as the public gathering place on Thursday and Friday, January 25 and 26, 2018, where Father Emmett Johns, "Pops" will lie in state. To respect the family's wishes and to facilitate media access, the following procedures will apply.
- Media representatives will have access to the Hall of Honour at Montreal City Hall from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on January 25, and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on January 26.
- Media representatives must use the 510 Gosford Street entrance.
- Media representatives must present media identification and be accredited at the media table at the entrance of the Hall of Honour, as well as sign the media registry.
- Once the Hall of Honour is open to the public, the media will have access to a press room. On Thursday, Room 1.105 will be available for interviews. On Friday, the media will have access to the press room located on the ground floor.
- To enable the public to pay their last respects to Father Emmett Johns, "Pops" in a tranquil, reflective atmosphere, the conference room will be the only place inside City Hall to conduct interviews or to obtain comment.
- A representative from Dans la rue's Communication Department will be on hand to point out key personalities attending the event and to arrange media access to them.
- No cameras, including television cameras, can be used inside the Hall of Honour at City Hall except in the locations indicated and in the conference room.
- As already publicized, the public will have access to the Hall of Honour at City Hall from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, January 25, and from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Friday, January 26. Please note that the last half hour of the public viewing for each day is closed to the media.
- The funeral service will be held on Saturday, January 27, at 10:30 a.m., at Saint Patrick's Basilica, located at 460 René-Lévesque Blvd. West. Media procedures for the funeral will be communicated in an upcoming message as soon as details have been confirmed.
We thank you for your co-operation.
SOURCE Archdiocese of the Catholic Church of Montreal
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact: Erika Jacinto, Director, Communications and Media, Relations, Archdiocese of the Catholic Church of Montréal, [email protected], 514 925-4300 ext. 204, Cell phone: 514 709-8216; Etienne Lalonde, Senior Director, Development, and Communications, Dans la rue, [email protected], 514 526-5222, ext. 223, Cell phone: 514 815-5555