VANCOUVER, March 5, 2012 /CNW/ -
Interview experts about:
- CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY - Learn about a decision-making platform to support and evaluate corporate sustainability
- CITIES: GREEN BUILDINGS, INFRASTRUCTURE & DESIGN - How can nature-inspired approaches help solve our green building challenges and ensure true triple bottom line outcomes?
- WATER SUPPLY & MANAGEMENT - Learn about award-winning projects from around the world and what they teach North American cities.
- MINING - Mining companies have been at the forefront of sustainable business practices because they have been under intense scrutiny longer than many other industries.
- GREEN SUPPLY CHAIN - More and more companies are including sustainability as a criterion in the corporate procurement process, but the vast majority of companies still don't have formal sustainability requirements for suppliers.
- BIODIVERSITY IN CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY - A survey of mining companies demonstrated that many of them address biodiversity in their sustainability goals and reporting, but don't feel comfortable that they are doing something meaningful.
WHO: Golder Associates Inc. has more than 7,000 employees in 160 offices on six continents and provides consulting, design and construction services in the specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
WHAT: Representatives from Golder's Sustainable Cities group will be attending the GLOBE 2012 - The 12th Biennial Trade Fair & Conference on Business and the Environment in Vancouver, Canada.
SUBJECT EXPERTS: (available for media interviews prior, during and after the conference)
- Jeanette Southwood - Global Sustainable Cities Leader and Principal, Golder Associates (Ottawa)
Ms. Southwood will be moderating the conference panel discussion, "Green Visionaries: Designing and Building Eco-friendly Cities from Within" on March 14, 10:30 a.m.
- Jim Renner - Sustainability Expert, Senior Geologist and Principal, Golder Associates (Atlanta)
For further information:
National Media Relations Manager, Golder Associates Ltd.
604-296-6845 office // 604-817-4480 cell