Special Edition Global Flavour Forecast™ Commemorates McCormick's 125th Global Anniversary
LONDON, ON, Jan. 15, 2014 /CNW/ - Marking its parent company's 125th global anniversary as a food industry innovator, McCormick Canada, a leader in flavour, celebrates the tastes that bring us together by unveiling the McCormick® Flavour Forecast™ 2014: 125th Global Anniversary Edition.
The report, developed annually by McCormick experts around the world, highlights five top food trends and more than a dozen emerging flavours predicted to impact the way we eat in the coming years. First launched in 2000, this anniversary edition explores how today's unparalleled connectivity is driving faster-than-ever adoption of new trends and tastes around the globe.
"People everywhere are beginning to show a growing appreciation for chilies from around the globe, not only for their heat, but for the unique flavour they add to our favourite dishes", says Michael Cloutier, Executive Corporate Chef of McCormick Canada. "In Canada, we are seeing a much greater variety of chilies in homes and on menus than ever before, from milder, flavourful kinds such as the Mexican Guajillo chili pepper to the more assertive Chinese Tien Tsin hot Sichuan chili pepper. We're also exploring different ways to enjoy them, from smoked chili oils, to pickled, and even candied."
These emerging trends and flavours highlighted in the McCormick Flavour Forecast 2014 offer a taste of what's next on the global menu:
FIVE TOP TRENDS
- Chilies Obsession: Food lovers everywhere are seeking out their next big chili thrill.
- Modern Masala: Indian food is finally having its moment, breaking free of its traditional confines with modern interpretations.
- Clever Compact Cooking: Proving that big flavours can come from small spaces, cooks in urban kitchens are making the most of what's available.
- Mexican World Tour: Mexican flavours are making their way around the globe, with people everywhere discovering new aspects of this bright, casual cuisine.
- Charmed by Brazil: The world's attraction to Brazilian cuisine is heating up, thanks to its seductive mix of global and native influences.
FIVE TOP FLAVOURS
- Aji Amarillo: A hot Peruvian yellow chili with bold, fruity flavour.
- Kashmiri Masala: An often homemade blend of spices from northern India featuring cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves and ginger.
- Tea: Not just for sipping anymore, this natural ingredient is making its way into rubs, broths and marinades.
- Chamoy Sauce: A unique Mexican condiment—made from apricot, lime, chilies and spices—just beginning to gain a following in North America.
- Cassava Flour: Also known as manioc or tapioca flour, this gluten-free alternative is a Brazilian staple prized for its versatility.
Visit www.FlavourForecast.com for 12 more flavours to watch in 2014 and beyond.
THE FLAVOUR OF TOGETHER
The McCormick Flavour Forecast 2014: 125th Global Anniversary Edition launched with McCormick's Flavour of Together program. As part of a yearlong effort, 125 flavour ambassadors from North America are bringing the insights to life online at www.FlavourofTogether.com.
Additionally, McCormick is inviting consumers to share their own stories about connecting with others over flavour. For every story shared on any McCormick website or social channel, McCormick will donate $1, up to $1.25 million, to United Way to help feed those in need.
About Flavour Forecast
Since 2000, McCormick has been on the forefront of identifying emerging culinary trends through its signature Flavour Forecast, a delicious expression of our passion for flavour. This annual look at the future of flavour is highly anticipated, acting as a catalyst for innovation within the broader food industry. The Flavour Forecast makes a difference in the way people create and experience food around the world. Visit www.flavourforecast.com for more information.
About McCormick Canada
McCormick Canada is the largest spice, dry sauce & seasoning mixes, extract, and specialty foods operation in the country and operates under several brands including Club House, Billy Bee Honey and McCormick Gourmet. It is part of McCormick & Company Incorporated, a global leader in flavour with $4 billion in annual sales.
McCormick manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses - in more than 110 countries. Since Willoughby M. McCormick founded the company selling root beer extract in 1889, McCormick has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which it operates and the planet as a whole. Innovation in flavour and a clear focus on employee engagement and product quality has allowed McCormick to grow its business globally and become the flavour leader it is today. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com and www.clubhouse.ca.
SOURCE: McCormick Canada
For further information: